The EDH velocity simulator unit (VSU) is a portable device able to simulate a projectile for any continuous wave X-band doppler radar. The simulator has the ability to directly measure the radar’s antenna’s power and frequency.
Up to 7 user programmable projectiles can be simulated the device and each one’s velocity, retardation, duration, rate of fire and burst length is adjustable.
- Live weapons/rounds can be substituted with the velocity simulator
- Training situations of new radar operators
- Setup of radars before testing commences
- Routine maintenance – radars can be tested without being dismantled
- Check functionality of the Muzzle Velocity Radar System
- Test the accuracy of radars
- Directly measure the radar’s antenna power and frequency.
- Simulated demonstrations of a radar’s capabilities
|Microwave Frequency measurement||
|Microwave Power measurement||
|Target parameters||Velocity, Retardation, Duration, Rate of fire, Burst length|
User programmable target types – maximum of 7. Continuous wave, Slow, Very fast, Short burst, Long burst. Selected simulation setting displayed on build-in LCD display.
Reference clock output for calibration. Velocity compensated for radar frequency.
|Frequency range||X band (10 – 11 GHz)|
|Flash detector test output||
An optical flash, synchronized with the Doppler signal, is generated for testing flash detector triggers.
|Display LCD||(8char x 2 lines)|
|Power supply||Rechargeable internal battery|
|Battery life||3 hours for continuous use|
|Charging supply||100~240VAC 50/60 Hz mains supply|
|Tripod mount||¼-20 screw thread mount on bottom of unit|
|Dimensions||125 x 205 x 90 mm (H x W x D)|